Monday, September 29, 2008

Oma's House

DH and I went to the PGA Tour Championship on Saturday. That was fun. Munchkin went down to my parents' house for the day. She loves it there. Lots of room to run, and a swing hanging under the deck, and two suckers who will take her outside or downstairs or whereever whenever she grabs on to their finger and gives it a tug.

We stayed over night because my folks were taking an early flight and wanted a lift to the airport. Munchkin loves it there so much, she woke in the morning asking for "Oma" instead of "Moooooommmmmmmy." Hmm. Its nice to have a break, but still, aren't I number one??

Sunday, I had to work for hours--hate working on weekends. DH painted our bathroom during Munchkin's nap, and then we both did the second coat after bed. I'm having flashes of my parents. This is how they worked. Toiling on house projects after getting home from work. Nightmare.

Couldn't sleep initially, so it was after 12 before bed, and then I overslept, natch.

Munchkin has taken to full sentences. I still can't believe it everytime I tell her to do something and she does it.

"Pick that up."
"Put that back."

But not so much "don't touch that." Oh well.

No comments: