Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pampapes

Nod is on a trip. So when my alarm went off this morning I knew I had to get up even though I was sleeping perfectly (for the first time in ages). I had to get up because I had to get in the shower and get as far along in the "get ready" process as possible before Munchkin woke up. She's not entirely predictable, that one, but wake-up time is usually between 7:15 and 7:45. I hope for 7:45 so I can be completely ready, but you never can tell.

Today, she slept right on through and I even ate breakfast, like a human being, on a plate and with a fork and everything. So, at 8:15 (late, late, late!) I decided I had to go in and wake her. And there she was, lying in her crib, my blond beauty, completely awake and smiling. Just quietly smiling. She must have slept well, too.

After she was dressed and we were in the kitchen, she walked over to the freezer and, very excitedly, said "Pampapes!" Oh, her little voice and little words are so darn cute it makes me want to burst. Too bad we're out of pancakes, and "waffles" is just a bit harder to say.

No comments: